Of course, Magento development is becoming more ‘n’ more popular among the online merchants as well as small retailers to set up and run their eCommerce website to sale their products and services to the millions of the online users. Today, whenever it comes to create or design an eCommerce platform, Magento is the only platform that most of the businesses or retailers trust on.
With its out-of-the-box features and cross-compatibility, Magento brings a whole host of benefits for the online store owners to help them increase their online revenues. However, with the advancement in technology and evolution a wide range of mobile devices like tablets, Smartphones and more, it has become crucial for the store owners to optimize their Magento development ventures for them.
Responsive design is the concept that every store owner is trying to incorporate within their eCommerce website. Even some of the online store owners are redesigning their Magento development venture to make it responsive. In such scenario, it becomes crucial for the store owners consider a few important things.
Magento Open Source Ecommerce
Here’re the points to ponder while creating Responsive Magento eCommerce site:
- Do you have enough time and budget? Of course, responsive design is the new trend that will help you reach out maximum number of potential customers using different mobile devices, but before optimizing your Magento development venture for it, ensures that you consider time and budget constraints. Do you have enough budgets for it? Is it really worth investing time in the responsive eCommerce site or not? Ensure you work out time and budget before you move ahead.
- Consider third party themes available in the market. You can find plenty of readily available third party responsive themes for your eCommerce site. So, get the one that suits your eCommerce store and try to tweak it a little bit to make it responsive. Even if you don’t want to use such themes, it is advisable to download any one of them and try to analyze how each and every page is organized within it. Get inspiration from such third party themes to make your Magento development venture responsive towards different kind devices used by the potential users.
- Leverage from the responsive CSS framework. Of course, it is a great idea to use responsive CSS framework, but you will have to invest a lot of time at the initial stage to implement it within your existing template.
- Prioritize what you want to focus on. When making your Magento site responsive, there are a lot of things you will have to consider. You will have to prioritize the task what you want to focus more on.
- Identify sections of Magento where you can use general CSS. It is not at all necessary that you use only responsive CSS framework. You can also use general CSS in certain pages of your eCommerce website Development. So, try to identify such pages where you can use general CSS. Category page, product page, cart page, checkout page, search pages, customer account section and more a few of the pages where you can use General CSS.
Ensure that you keep in mind all the things discussed in this article whenever you are planning to make your Magento development venture responsive. Do you have more points to share? Share your views in the comments.